Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

BENEATH HER COLORS

 I will never forget this shoot. Do you know why? It's because of all the challenges that I had to go through to survive it.

Our make-up artist did not show up and we couldn't reach him through his cellphone because he didn't have one at that time. (His mobile phone was stolen. God bless the culprit's soul.) We still pushed through and went straight to ANTIPOLO to pull out the clothes from the designer.

It was the first time that I met our designer, MARK DELA PENA. He is so kind and generous that after our shoot we became good friends. It's a blessing that Richard Visco, my co-photographer, is very familiar with the place and knew some spots for the shoot. It was raining then and I obviously had a hard time particularly with the lighting. While were shooting, I was shocked to find lots of insects running through my legs. We decided to stop for a while so I could I go wash my feet. 

I went home around 11pm and my feet were so itchy. When I woke up, I saw lots of rashes on my legs. Right then and there, I knew I couldn't make it to work that night. I ran off to De La Salle Hospital to see a Dermatologist. She gave me some soap and cream to ease the pain and itchiness. It cost me a lot and it left a mark on my skin. (Tears.) Lessons learned: 1) Don't wear shorts during a photo shoot and 2) Apply some insect repellent while shooting.





















Model | Christine Balaguer

Photographed| Erick Anyayahan

Wardrobes | Mark dela Pena

*Special thanks to Richard Visco..watch out for his own shots :)


No comments:

Post a Comment