Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

AMULET






Days of yore the balmy weather proded me to trod the path infront of me...

following the path, so many things caught my eye, but there was something else in my heart to search for..

I was contemplating at an item I had later discovered.

Out of curiosity, My attention was caught by one glistening item 

" What’s this item doing here?" 

Since stooping down to pick up the magazine and not the mirror, I was amazed and stunned by the beauty of other women in it.

“They are so lovely, I aspire to be just like them. I simply want to be the head turner and be the center of attraction.”



Aurora is a simple lady who desperately seeks attention. Little that she know, her place as God’s daughter is so special.

As I commenced on looking at the mirror, I felt unsure, insecure, unstable, and literally incomplete about myself.

“ I resent my life and everything about me. It’s difficult to comprehend why God gave me this looks, body, and features. Why can’t I be like those other girls whose wanted and desired?”


All of a sudden, a strange lady came out of nowhere. Where she’s from? No one knows. 
Still engrossed at the images in magazine. I heard leaves rustling and I felt a cold wind running through my skin. Then i saw a lady discreetly walking towards me. I was terrified.

"I am VICIOUS." The lady uttered. 
A ferocious, strong willed, deceptive lady who has everything. Not just an ordinary lady but someone who’s living the life of the rich and famous, someone who’s very fashionable and admired by a lot of men.

”Don’t worry, I know what you want. Just come, and I will make sure I give you the desires of your heart.”

"I will make you wanted as well." 
"But I don’t think I’d fit in your world." Aurora answered.
"You will and will also enjoy the pleasures of what I have to offer you".
"No, I don’t think this the life I envision. Leave me alone!"

"Don’t be foolish, you have one life to live, you should know that you are the author of your life".

"Don’t think about what other people will say just follow your heart and see that you can have all the money, friends and beauty that you long for. What more can you ask?"

Vicious comes to steal, kill and destroy. She is now convinced that it’s not difficult, in fact rather very easy to get people under her trap.

Vicious lures Aurora with an AMULET, so that when she gives in, her bondage with her lust in being noticed would be stronger.

Aurora quickly gives in, not thinking about the consequence that is due to her.

Aurora holds on to the Amulet and now blinded by the truth.


"I now have the luxury of having beautiful skin and the body to stop a crowd. I’m finally getting what I wanted."

“This is what I’ve always longed for.”

"Your outlook in life will definitely be different. You will enjoy more of this world. People will bow at your feet in awe”, Vicious told me.

Aurora only sees something that will satisfy her hunger of being rich and famous. But beyond what the naked eye could see is a deception that will slowly pull her character down and not reflect something far from who she really is.

Out of anger, greed and deceit she planned to leave Aurora before it was too late.

Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last. Aurora begged Vicous to make her beauty last but Vicous left without no pity. Aurora became so needy.

"I'm left alone, empty, crushed and abandoned. I stood still on top of the fast moving water that rushed over my cold feet and wondering to move forward or just simply step back?

I heard a voice calling out my name. " If I listen to you would you give me the courage to let go of the past and not dwell in it?"

It's time to let go but I knew it wasn’t easy

I screamed for help but no one was there to listen. I know i need to let go of this amulet. But i can't.

I remember what Vicous told me, to hold tighter onto the AMULET


Torn between momentary happiness and disdain, I heard footsteps calmly walking towards me. Neither fear, nor coldness or apprehension settled in my heart.

“Do not be afraid, I am PEACE.” says the man. “I heard the screams of your heart. Worry not, I am here to help you. Just believe and trust me.” And the man carefully extended his hand as I reached for his grasp.

I felt tenderness, warmth and security, I told myself, “He could be my rescue; he could be my refuge.”

“All my worries and confusions suddenly drifted away. For once, I am certain. He is all I need.”

I felt the true happiness I've been long waiting for, the happiness I only felt in the presence of PEACE. “If you only allow me to be part of your life, fear and bewilderment will no longer haunt you.” Peace said. “I accept you for who you are. You are uniquely you. You wouldn’t have to wear this AMULET anymore.”

Peace gently removed the AMULET from my neck. “I have been struggling to take off that AMULET, but I just can’t.” I told Peace. “And now, it feels liberating. I can’t describe the bliss, but all I know is a somewhat heavy baggage departed my body when you took that away from me.”


Sitting still, it came to me, the AMULET represents the hidden desire of my heart; to have fame and beauty that will capture the eyes of many. I have not noticed that this desire slowly ate up the insides of me; these desires actually left me.

I accepted my uniqueness and my own personality. I have attempted a lot of times to take away this desire, but I just can't. I was so used to it, though I know this was no longer the real me. Then, I realized, I needed help.

Having Peace in my heart took away the amulet of desire in my life. Having Him had opened my eyes to what is real. Then it dawned to me, "Peace is my Savior and Redeemer. Peace is none other than Jesus Christ."

He has always been by my side. I have to draw myself closer to Him so I can feel and be shielded by His saving grace.

Vicious has been the evil thought that corrupted my heart. I should've not entertained the thoughts she injected in the first place. I am beautiful. I am a unique creation.

A Vicious will always come to mask evil with something beautiful, something one may initially see as good and harmless. Will always whisper thoughts to feed our worldly and human desires. Be vigilant. It is a trap.

We can still CHOOSE to walk in the right path. The path with no confusions, no worries, no doubts. The path that only requires one ticket: The acceptance, belief and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. If you keep Him inside your heart, there is nothing that will come into your life that you won't be able to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment